The ministry of the first pastor was from 1831 to 1856 with no other information in the church records. It is known that he died in 1870 and was buried in Kents Store, Virginia.
Church records indicate that the early years were busy with weddings, births, baptisms, funerals, African-Americans being added, and the creation of Sunday School and a library (one of two in the area).
Since that time the name changed to Beaver Dam Baptist Church and has had twenty pastors, and volumes of committed lay people and staff personnel to establish an exciting ministry. A portico was added in 1971 and a 2500 sq. ft. multi-purpose room in 2000 and several other additions have brought us to this point in time.
Through all of the years, pastors and members we have celebrated God’s forgiveness and goodness, held onto traditions, encouraged evangelism and supported missions close to home and around the globe. Beaver Dam Baptist Church continues to reach out to a growing, ever-changing community with the message of a vital life-transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.